- [Medical Alert] Dengue Fever in Vietnam 2016According to the Vietnamese Ministry of Health, nearly 50,000 dengue fever cases were reported from 48 provinces of Vietnam in 2016, of which 17 were reported dead. In Central Highlands alone, there were 7,500 cases.
- Autism Awareness MonthThe first three years of life are period of incredible growth in all areas of a baby's development. If you have any concerns about your child's developmental progress, it is crucial to take action, and to arrange for a routine developmental screening as early identification and intervention are essential.
- Meningococcal MeningitisMeningococcal meningitis is a rare but serious infection. It causes the membranes that cover the brain and spinal cord to become inflamed. Meningococcal meningitis can be fatal or cause great harm without prompt treatment. As many as one out of five people who contract the infection have serious complications. According to the Centers for Disease Control, about 15% of those who survive are left with disabilities that include deafness, brain damage, and neurological problems. Here's what you need to know about the symptoms of meningococcal meningitis and ways to prevent and treat it.
- [Word] New Emergency Medical Response Center Passes First TestA soon-to-be completed Emergency Medical Response Center in Ho Chi Minh City went through a full simulation of its ProQA software programme last week.
- [Saigon Times] Emergency Medical Response Center in the offingThe emergency medical response center in HCMC of Family Medical Practice underwent a full simulation of the ProQA software program last week. Currently under development, the center will be in full operation by the end of May. The center will be accessible in both Vietnamese and English via the dedicated number of assistance *9999. Once in place, the center will boast a fleet of international standard ambulances to respond to the emergency needs of patients. It is limited to districts 1,2 and 3 in the initial time.
- Endometriosis (by Dr. Aron Schuftan)Endometriosis is a condition where tissue, similar to the tissue that normally grows inside the uterus, also grows outside of the uterus. The tissue inside the uterus is called "endometrium" and the tissue outside of the uterus is called "endometriosis".
- Zika VirusZika virus is an emerging mosquito-borne virus that was first identified in Uganda in 1947 in rhesus monkeys through a monitoring network of sylvatic yellow fever. It was subsequently identified in humans in 1952 in Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania. Updated to January 30, 2016 Zika virus is currently spreading in 24 countries and territories in Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean. Vietnam has not found any cases. The CDC has issued a level two health warningabout these countries, advising pregnant travelers to postpone visits to these destinations if possible
- MyopiaIn recent years, we have noticed in our clinic an alarming rise in the number of children who suffer from Myopia - “Shortsightedness” Worldwide, there has been more than 60% increase in children with Myopia over the past 30 years. A large survey done in Taiwan last year reveals that about 20% of first grade and over 60% of sixth grade children need glasses.
Here are some frequently asked questions and their answer. If you have a question that is not address...
LucyDo you offer Colonoscopy?... READ MORE »Do you offer Colonoscopy?ANSWER:In Ho Chi Minh City, Family Medical Practice offers Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy examinations by a Gastroenterlogy Specialist at our District 2 Clinic. In Danang and Hanoi, the service can be arranged as a external refferal to a local facility. Pleae consult with our team at your nearest clinic for futher advice.
HirokoAre all drugs that I would find in my home country available in your pharmacy?... READ MORE »Are all drugs that I would find in my home country available in your pharmacy?ANSWER:A comprehensive range of medications of international quality are available for your needs at our clinic pharmacies, although there are problems locating some medications in Vietnam due to restrictions beyond our control. If you are taking a particular medication and thinking of traveling or relocating to Vietnam, we strongly suggest you to seek the advice at our pharmacy in advance, to inquire about the availability of your medication in Vietnam before traveling.
HirokoDo you offer membership? If not, why?... READ MORE »Do you offer membership? If not, why?ANSWER:No. Our services is access free to all, inrespective if you are a resident, expatriate or traveler to Vietnam. There are no yearly membeship fees to acess our services nor are you required to be corporare or individual memebership package holders.
HirokoDo you offer health check-up packages?... READ MORE »Do you offer health check-up packages?ANSWER:At all Family Medical Practice clinics, various health check-up packages are available to suit your requirements. For further information, please visit the "Health and Wellness Check-up" page on our website. The details of the programs vary slightly depending on locations. Please contact your nearest clinic for further information.
Thank you for contacting us. We have received your enquiry and we we will respond to you shortly.
Sending failed. Please try again