You always have to be aware that holding an insurance policy does not mean you are covered 100%. Reading the small print is never fun, but we always advise you to take time to do this.
We have many years of experience when it comes to working with insurance and have become very familiar with some of the common exclusions such as:
- Over the counter medication
- Pre-existing conditions i.e. any medical condition which existed before you take out policy, including any associated complaint.
- Chronic conditions (unless pre-approved) i.e. Hypertension, Diabetes, Hypercholesterolemia and Lipid disorders.
- Alternative Treatments i.e. Chiropractic treatment and Acupuncture.
- Dental (unless pre-approved)
- Maternity/Pregnancy costs (unless pre-approved).
- Infertility and Birth control.
- Sexually-transmitted diseases.
- Self inflicted injuries/ alcohol or substance abuse/ sleep apnoea or other sleep disorders.
- Treatment for Psychiatric complaints / conditions (unless pre-approved).
- Dietary supplements, vitamins and minerals.
- Vaccinations, routine check-ups, travel advices.
It is always good to be aware of some of the common exclusions as these will not be able to be claimed under the cashless direct billing and you may be asked to settle these charges after your visit.
If there are any questions over your coverage we are happy to try and contact your policy provider to confirm your level of coverage.
For further information please see our medical center policy section for further information regarding excluded and declined payments.