Hand - Foot and Mouth Disease
HFMD is a viral infection with a typical rash and mouth lesions. It is caused by an Enterovirus infection. The most susceptible are infants and toddlers. Adults usually are only carriers.
The main care for a sick child with HFMD is to make sure he drinks enough fluids during the day to ensure he remains hydrated and analgesia to manage the pain and fever. Mouth washes with salty water can alleviate the pain. Soft and cold food are preferred (even ice cream.) The most commonly used medications are Paracetamol (e.g Panadol, Tylenol, Efferalgan) and Ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Nurofen). Both are very effective and very safe. While using Ibuprofen, it is important to make sure the child drinks properly.
PEDIATRIC SERVICE AT FAMILY MEDICAL PRACTICE
Children have special requirements when it comes to healthcare. At Family Medical Practice we understand this, and that’s why we’ve made it our primary focus over the last 20 years. Our highly-skilled pediatric specialists and general practitioners are working together to provide the expert care that your children deserve in a warm and child-friendly environment.
- CTY TNHH PHÒNG KHÁM GIA ĐÌNH TP. HCM (PHÒNG KHÁM SỐ 3)
- CTY TNHH PHÒNG KHÁM GIA ĐÌNH TP. HCM (PHÒNG KHÁM SỐ 2)
- CTY TNHH PHÒNG KHÁM GIA ĐÌNH TP. HCM (PHÒNG KHÁM SỐ 1)
- Measles - A Dreaded Disease
- Our Flu Vaccines 2019-2020 Now Available
- Our New Pediatric Center Opening Soon in District 7
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Harmonious Hormones
- The Postpartum Checkup
- FAMILY MEDICAL PRACTICE DISTRICT TWO MEDICAL CENTER 24HR SERVICE LAUNCH
- Feeding Time
- Fight back against hepatitis B