Dengue Fever in Vietnam
|According to the Vietnamese Ministry of Health, nearly 50,000 dengue fever cases were reported from 48 provinces of Vietnam in 2016, of which 17 were reported dead. In Central Highlands alone, there were 7,500 cases|
3.081 CASES (41,6%)
1.865 CASES (25,9%)
1.387 CASES (18,7%)
1.079 CASES (14,6%)
No specific treatment for dengue fever exists, and most people recover but supportive care is essential, so drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration from vomiting and high fever. Also take acetaminophen (Tylenol) or paracetamol to alleviate pain and reduce fever. Don't take aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) as these can increase the risk of bleeding complications.
But if you do develop a severe form of the disease, you will need hospital care, where treatment will consist of: Supportive care as an in-patient with analgesics, intravenous (IV) fluid and electrolyte replacement, blood pressure monitoring and transfusion to replace blood loss (very rare)
If you have any signs or symptoms of dengue fever, please come see us at Family Medical Practice as we have the expertise to diagnose and manage this disease.
To diagnose dengue fever, we can do specific blood tests and rule out other diseases presenting in a similar fashion such as malaria, influenza, leptospirosis and typhoid fever.
- CTY TNHH PHÒNG KHÁM GIA ĐÌNH TP. HCM (PHÒNG KHÁM SỐ 3)
- CTY TNHH PHÒNG KHÁM GIA ĐÌNH TP. HCM (PHÒNG KHÁM SỐ 2)
- CTY TNHH PHÒNG KHÁM GIA ĐÌNH TP. HCM (PHÒNG KHÁM SỐ 1)
- Measles - A Dreaded Disease
- Our Flu Vaccines 2019-2020 Now Available
- Our New Pediatric Center Opening Soon in District 7
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Harmonious Hormones
- The Postpartum Checkup
- FAMILY MEDICAL PRACTICE DISTRICT TWO MEDICAL CENTER 24HR SERVICE LAUNCH
- Feeding Time
- Fight back against hepatitis B